The Best Winter EDM Festivals
Just because this may seem like the off-season, don’t think for a second that EDM festivals have taken a vacation. In fact, some of the best EDM festivals in the world are happening right now. Here are a list of the five best winter EDM festivals of 2014.
1. Ultra Music Festival – March 28-30, 2014. Ultra is one of the hottest tickets in the world. When Ultra hits Miami at the end of March with Tiesto, Diplo Avicii, and more, you don’t want to miss out.
2. Sónar Stockholm – February 14-15, 2013. Sonar is known for their huge events in Spain, but they’re heading to a Sweden for the first time to give a more intimate and eclectic experience. With 30 artists over three stages over two nights, this will be one to remember.
3. EDC Mexico City – March 15-16, 2014. After selling out huge venues in London, Las Vegas, and Puerto Rico, producers Insomniac are pairing with the critically acclaimed Electric Daisy Carnival to bring the party to Mexico City. This has been touted as an experience unlike anything else Mexico has ever seen. That’s saying a lot after the Number 1 rated BPM Festival.
4. Future Music Festival – March 13-15, 2014. This is a party anyone can get behind. From deadmau5 to Armin van Buuren with a little Pharrel Williams thrown in for good measure, you can bring even your squarest friends. Future tours across Australia, but this party will rumble in the jungle as they blow the roof off Malaysia.
5. Gem and Jam – February 7-9, 2014. This mindful and artistic party is as much for your head as your feet, with art and workshops complimenting the dance floor. But with masters like Mimosa, boundary pushers like Random Rab, the biggest question you’ll face is: outdoor stage, or indoor stage?