Top 5 Spring EDM Festivals
It’s finally spring! The sun is out, the ice is beginning to melt, and the bars will soon be dusting off their patio lanterns. That means one thing: getting out and shaking off that cabin fever with music and dance. Here are the top 5 spring EDM festivals you should be attending!
1. Electro Beach – Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. March 1–30, 2014. It’s already started, but Electro Beach is going for the full month of March. Some of the hottest clubs in Mexico will are shaking with the likes of Afrojack, Zedd, Paul Van Dyk.
2. Coachella Music and Arts Festival – Indio, CA. April 11-13 and April 18-20, 2014. California lights up for two weekends with one the best festivals in the United States. While it’s rep might be hipstery, don’t forget that this massive event also hosts the likes of Skrillex, Zedd, Calvin Harris, and Flosstradamus. It’s a winner for fans of all genres. Plus, you can check out Girl Talk, MGMT, Fatboy Slim, and all those bands people on the radio keep talking about.
3. Moogfest – Asheville, NC. April 23-27, 2014. Bring together all thing MOOG, Moogfest is an excellent place to see all the newest electro that’s on the outskirts of the mainstream, from disco pioneers Chic to RJD2, Tiga, Daedelus, Com Truise, Flying Lotus, Dan Deacon and more. This festival is looking to get into your head as much as your hips, so only the adventurous need apply.
4. Mysteryland – Bethel Woods, New Yor. May 23-25, 2014. On the grounds of the original Woodstock festival in New York, Mysteryland features lots of different environments from a big open stage to more intimate settings. With camping and a lineup featuring Steve Aoki, Nicky Romero, Nervo, Kaskade, Moby, Mysterland isn’t to be missed.
5. Movement Electronic Music Festival – Detroit, MI, May 24-26, 2014. Cramming 90 acts into three days, Movement celebrates the electronic history of Detroit. This year they’ve bringing Carl Cox, Boys Noize, Action Bronson, Flosstradamus and so many more along for the ride. You’ll need a long weekend just to catch your breath.