Visiting Playa del Carmen. 7 Things To Do After The Party’s Over
Playa del Carmen, Mexico, is not only home to the annual BPM Festival, the best and longest EDM festival of the winter, it’s also one of Mexico’s best coastal resort towns. You won’t believe what this small city has to offer. That’s why it’s worth staying a few extra days just to explore.
1. When you think of Mexico, you might not think of beautiful tree-lined promenades and interlocking brick streets. But that’s exactly what you’ll find on 5th Avenue, Playa del Carmen’s main shopping street.
2. Also known as ‘La Quinta’, 5th Avenue is the best place in town to do a bit of shopping and sip a pint. Just like the main drag in Grand Bend, this strip is just a few steps away from the beach.
3. The beach at Playa del Carmen is second to none. It’s the highlight of any trip to ‘Playa’, and it would be criminal to pass it by.
4. During the day, the beach is where the action is. Playa del Carmen has a number of beach clubs, including Mamitas Beach Club. Soak up the sun while relaxing on a bed overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
5. The city has a ton of great places to eat, like Fusion Beach Bar and Restaurant. They know how to pamper their guests, and it’s the perfect spot to take in the sunset.
6. If you’re tired of relaxing, check out Parque Xplor. Take a spin through some jungle trails, ride a zipline, and swim through caves. By the time that’s done, you’ll be ready for a night out at the clubs.
7. It’s hard to avoid the nightlife in ‘Playa’. Just hit up 12th Street between 5th and 10th Avenue. It’ll be packed with people. Follow the beats and you could end up at a raging party.