The Best Music Festival Apps
You’ve got your tickets, your sunscreen, and you’re heading out to catch Deadmau5 with 100,000 of your closest friends. But this isn’t Woodstock. We live in the future, and we roll high-tech. So, get your phone primed with the best music festival apps around!
1. For starters, try the official festival app. Whether it’s Mutek or Ultra, most festivals have their own app with set times, locations, and other helpful info. Check out the festival website before you go and you won’t have to worry about lugging a program guide around with you.
2. You have to document the moment, right? And there’s no better way to do it than with Instagram. It’s the best way to get your photos looking awesome and make all your friends who stayed home jealous.
3. If you’re going to a festival with friends, at one point or another you’re going to get separated. Don’t bother freaking out or wasting time hunting them down, just get Find My Friends for iPhone or Android. Everyone signs in, and then you can see where they are on a handy little map!
4. It’s the end of the night and now you have to find your way back to your car or your tent. Impossible? Not anymore. With TentFinder ($0.99 on iPhone) or Festival Buddy (free on Android) both do the same thing: they let you place a marker so you can find the spot using your GPS. And you can use it to point your way back to the beer garden too.
5. Got a tight text plan? If your friends are hooked up with What’s App you don’t have a drop a dime on your carrier and you can text one-to-one or have a group chat.
6. It can be hard to tell exactly when you are going from suntan to sunburn. UV Safe Timer for iPhone or Sun Shield for Android help you know how much sun is too much, and exactly when to put on a little more sun block so you don’t look like a lobster at the end of the day.