EDM Festival Etiquette
Whether you’re a seasoned veteran of music festivals or you’re wading in for the first time, it’s good to know some EDM festival etiquette before you dive in. Here are some tips to keep to keep the party rocking and stay in the good books of your fellow partiers.
1. Wear deodorant.
2. Bring cash. ATM lines are guaranteed to harsh your buzz, if they even have an ATM.
3. Before going out, know how you’re getting home.
4. Ain’t no party without the H2O. Make sure you and your friends stay hydrated, or you’ll be hitting the bench before the party even starts.
5. Don’t be a jerk. Treat others how you want to be treated. This should go without saying, but don’t harsh the vibe, you know?
6. Bring gum and share. Aside from the keeping your breath all nice and winter fresh, it’s an easy to way break the ice.
7. If it’s outdoors and during the day, bring some shades and sunscreen.
8. Be careful when you’re dancing. No one likes an accidental fist pump in the face when Aoki is throwing down.
9. Keep your phone charged. It’s the easiest way to find your peeps if you get separated, and you never know when you might need to add some new digits. And there’s a great collection of apps to keep you in touch with your friends, share photos, and keep an eye on the weather.
10. But… don’t text on the dance floor. It’s hard to get your groove on around a statue.
11. Don’t know which DJ to see next? Follow the crowd.
12. Pace yourself. If you go too hard too fast, the fun won’t last.
13. When the DJ says get loud, GET LOUD.