Top 10 Hangover Cures
A hangover is a surefire way to harsh your long weekend buzz. Hangovers are often caused by dehydration. So, if you’ve been basking in the sun all day and drinking all night it’s a recipe for a cruel morning. But we’re looking out for you. Here’s the Grand Benders’ top 10 hangover cures so you can keep the party going.
10. The best offense is a good defence. Drinking water while boozing will prevent the dehydration at the root of most hangovers. Down a couple pints of water before you hit the hay, or start going one-for-one mid-bender.
9. Shower. Not only will it clean off that margarita cocktail someone spilled in your hair, a cold shower will help wake you up and a hot shower will relax your muscles and improve your circulation.
8. Get the heart rate up and work up a sweat. It’ll help expel some of the nastiness your body is trying to process and will perk you up. Just don’t overdo it.
7. Caffeine will definitely help wake you up, and if you’re a coffee drinker the lack of a good cup of joe will just make that hangover worse. But it’ll dehydrate you too, so be sure to have an H20 chaser.
6. If you’re body aches, it might be worth taking some pain relievers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen. The success rate is hit or miss, but if it works for you it’s worth it.
5. Waking up with a nice Caeser gets some needed vitamins into your system and gets your liver dealing with new alcohol over the old. But don’t overdo it, or your liver will even more reason to hate you later in the day.
4. There’s something calming about the fizziness of Alka-Seltzer, literally. It neutralizes stomach acid and settles your insides.
3. If you didn’t drink any water last night, it’s never too late. Juice and sports drinks can help replace fluids a bit quicker, or just keep chugging that water.
2. The food you ate the night of the party is going to have the biggest affect on how you feel. Grease and carbs slows the whole intoxication process down, so your liver doesn’t get overworked.
1. Rest up. Drinking dehydrates you, so you don’t get a sound sleep. And let’s not mention where you fell asleep or what on. When you get up, drink some fluids, get into a comfy bed and take the day off. It’s a great excuse to nap all day and catch up on episodes of Grand Benders.