What is Mitt Romney Doing Now?
With a family cottage in Grand Bend’s Beach O’ Pines community, former US Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney might be Grand Bend’s most famous vacationer. Despite a spirited campaign by Grand Bend’s second most famous person — Mick Rapaport — Romney lost his bid to be President. For curiosity’s sake (and in honour of the 4th of July) we asked: what is Mitt Romney doing now?
1. Making money. Mitt Romney, the businessman, is back in action and working for his son. According to NBC News, the former presidential candidate and private equity baron has been hired by Solamere Capital, a Massachusetts-based PE firm co-founded and run by his son, Tagg.
2. Interviews. He’s talked to Fox News. And explained why he lost. Seems he didn’t connect with minority voters. And then there’s that thing about health care.
3. Going out. He took his wife Ann on a romantic movie date to see the Twilight Saga’s final chapter, Breaking Dawn: Part 2.
4. Gaming. He’s been practicing his Commander in Chief skills. You just never know when a a short range kinetic blast is in order.
5. Doing more interviews. Mitt did go on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno in May, and said he was done with politics.
6. Being the butt of jokes. Some things never change. Mitt’s been the subject of more than one parody video.
7. Acting like Bigfoot. Mitt has mostly been laying low; popping up at Disneyland, going on roller coster rides, and pumping gas, earning him tweets and fuzzily-snapped Instagrams.