Shot & Shooter Recipes: The Penalty Shot
After three long months of the NHL lockout, we’re due for some celebrating Grand Benders style with a hockey-themed shooter recipe.
This week we have a shot & shooter recipe that as exciting as a penalty shot in overtime.
Yep, The Penalty Shot is that exciting.
To make The Penalty Shot, you’ll need:
- 1/3 oz. Melon liquer
- 1/3 oz. Blue Curacao liqueur
- 1/3 oz. Triple Sec
Pour ingredients into a shot glass and mix. Or, try layering the liqueurs for a different taste and cool effect.
For a fun Grand Benders evening, why not invite a bunch of friends over for Hockey Night in Canada and a hockey drinking game.
Make sure everyone’s got a Penalty Shot, and here’s what you do.
You have to FINISH your shot when:
- a goal is scored
- the period ends
- there’s a fight in which three or more players lose a piece of equipment
- a piece of glass gets shattered
- for any whistle, penalty, or stoppage of play (icing, offsides, etc.)
- any nice play, deek, save, or check
- for every beer comercial aired during a stoppage of play
As always, extra-curricular activities are encouraged, so feel free to drink as often as you like.
For more shot & shooter recipes, visit the Coco’s Shooter Recipes page.