Opposites Attract: Grand Benders Mick and Nancy
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, it’s worth asking: what works and what doesn’t in a relationship? Take Grand Benders Mick and Nancy for example. Our favourite mom/dad couple have found the secret for a long, lasting, and loving life together.
Mick and Nancy are a great example of opposites attracting. They’re also a great example how two very different people can make great partners.
1. Mick can be loud and in-your-face. He makes demands of everyone — staff, family, bunny rabbits. It’s his way or the highway!
2. Nancy is a stickler for details. She knows when to tune out Mick, and when to tune into the people who need her. While Mick pays attention to the crowd, Nancy is counting bottles and looking after the books.
3. Always a fan of the grand gesture, Mick likes to think big. Nancy keeps her eye on the prize. He’s the macro to her micro. He brings them in. She keeps things running.
4. Their relationship is pretty traditional that way. Mick is bringing in the bacon, and Nancy is keeping the fire burning. They focus on what they’re good at, and that way they don’t step on each other’s toes.
5. That’s what makes this work. Mick and Nancy each do their own thing, and come together when they need to. They know when to get out of each other’s way, and when to give each other support when it’s needed.
6. This is a love that shows no signs of stopping. Mick and Nancy know each other so well they can let the other blow off some steam, but they know when to put a foot down. Like all true romances, it’s a complicated beast. But it works, and it works well.